Thursday, April 26, 2007

Chicken Wonton Salad

I promise this is a good one! And yes, I have a comment after almost all the ingredients. This recipe makes a lot. I usually cut it in half.

3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (I sometimes marinate chicken in a easy sauce if I think about it. Let me know if you want that recipe.)
1/2 pkg. wonton wrappers, cut into 1/2-inch strips (freeze other half of pkg.)
1 head of lettuce (you choose - I use romaine or combine different lettuces)
1 (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, drained
1 (4 oz.) pkg. slivered almonds, toasted (I actually like to use caramelized pecans)
1 (8 oz.) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
5 green onions, chopped
(I sometimes add other things that sound good like sesame seeds, avocado, etc.)

Fry wonton strips in oil until crisp; cool on paper towel. In a large bowl, toss chicken with lettuce, oranges, chestnuts, and onions. Add wonton strips and nuts on top before serving.

Dressing:
4 T. sugar
1 t. salt
4 T. white wine vinegar
1/3 c. veg oil

Mix everthing together (I use a mason jar) and refrigerate until ready to drizzle over salad and serve.

Hope you enjoy!

Krista

No comments: