Saturday, April 21, 2007

Pasta Salad

1 box tri-color rotini pasta
1 bottle your favorite italian dressing (I love Kraft creamy italian)
1-2 tomatoes, chopped
1 c. cubed cheddar cheese
1 cucumber, chopped
1 can sliced olives

Cook pasta according to box, drain, and rinse with cold water. (If I'm serving it right away, I throw a handful of ice cubes in the strainer to cool it down fast, otherwise just mix it all up and put it in the fridge until you're ready.) Add all the chopped stuff and olives, then squirt dressing on until it looks good, maybe 2/3 to 3/4 bottle. My friend puts sliced pepperoni (pizza topping) in and I like it, but I usually don't and it's good without. Serve cold, it's one of Justin's favorite things to eat in the summer. Warning, don't overcook the pasta because it absorbs dressing and gets softer over time.

Katie Lisonbee

1 comment:

cat said...

alright kate, i made this and mixed ingredients from yours and the other pasta salad recipe. i LOVED it. you are right, the creamy italian is really good. thanks!:) have you tried any of the recipes yet?