Friday, April 20, 2007

Tuna and White Bean Salad

I thought this sounded gross, but I love it. It's a Rachael Ray recipe.

1 can, 15 ounces, white beans
1 can, 6 ounces, tuna in water, drained well and flaked
1/4 red onion, finely chopped
2-3 sprigs fresh rosemary, finely chopped
2 cups arugula, finely chopped
the juice of 1 lemon (I usually add more)
1 Tbl extra virgin olive oil-for liberal drizzling
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Drain beans well. Place half the beans into a bowl. Mash remaining beans up with a fork. Combine mashed and whole beans with tuna, onion, rosemary and arugula. Dress the salad with lemon juice, EVOO, salt and pepper. Serve with crackers/chips.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

my kids like tuna and it is so good for you, so i am really excited about this recipe. who posted it?

- catherine

jn said...

Sorry-I forgot to put my name. I'm Julie (Jessica's friend). I hope you like it!

cat said...

okay julie, i made your salad tonight and i LOVE it. i squeezed two big lemons like you suggested and had it with pita chip, ritz crackers and saltines. we had sandwiches with it, but i could only eat your salad. thanks for the recipe, it's a keeper!

jn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

Yay! I'm glad you like it! My husband has been out of town, so I've had it for dinner the past two nights. When I went to the store they were out of arugula, so I made it without it and it was still really good.

Julie

Jessica Jo said...

Yes, this salad was delcious, Catherine brought some over for me when she made it, and that ended up being my dinner, it was surprisingly good!