Saturday, April 21, 2007

Craisin Salad

Okay, I've never posted a comment to a blog, so I hope this shows up. I feel like my mom trying to use Microsoft Word--she seriously doesn't get it. Anyway, here's my FAV-O-RITE salad recipe, probably because it has an ample amount of sugar. This recipe makes a ton (like 15 servings), so cut it down as necessary.

Dressing:
1/2 C. sugar
1 C. oil (I always use less)
6 Tbsp. cider vinegar
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1/2 C. chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. poppy seed (optional)

Toss together salad:
Iceberg lettuce
Spinach
Romaine
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 C. slivered almonds
1 C. Craisins

Toss dressing over salad just before serving.

Julia

1 comment:

Katie L. said...

My fam loves almost the same dressing with baby spinach, apples, craisins, and grated swiss, it's so good. In the dressing we use red onion--it makes it a pretty pink color. Also, we puree the dressing in a blender and then add the poppyseeds, it really brings out the onion flavor.