Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Four-Bean Salad

1 can garbanzo beans
1 can kidney beans
1 can golden wax beans
1 can cut green beans
1/2 c chopped white or green onion
1/2 c chopped red or green pepper
1/2 c white or red wine vinegar
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c vegetable oil
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 t mustard
1/4 t oregano (optional)

Drain all beans and place ina bowl with onion and peppers. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over bean mixture. Cover and marinate for several hours or overnight.

This has become one of my signature dishes. I love it so much that I have often wondered if I could eat the whole thing by myself. By the way... it makes 12 servings.

Lisa G

3 comments:

jn said...

Lisa,
This looks so, so, SO good. Which vinegar do you think works best? I've used white wine vinegar in other recipes, but I don't think I've used red before. Do you think it makes a difference? Do you think rice vinegar would work?
Thanks,
Barbara

Lisa Garcia said...

I usually use white vinegar. I've never used rice, but I imagine it would work. Hope you like it as much as we do!

Jessica Jo said...

Love this recipe! I had my doubts, what with all the beans, but it is delicious! My little brother kept talking about how good it was!