Saturday, July 14, 2007

Three Fabulous Punches

Hey Everyone! It has been a very long time since I last posted a recipe. I hope you enjoy these; they're three of the best punch recipes I know of. Nothing brings people together better than a good cup o' punch!

Lime Slush Punch

2 c. sugar
8 c. water
1 (12-oz.) can frozen limeade
5 fresh limes, juiced
2 (12-oz.) cans lemon-lime soda (take your pick)

~Combine sugar and water in a large saucepan and heat slightly until the sugar is dissolved. Add frozen limeade and juices of the limes. Mix and pour into a shallow pan. Freeze. Remove from freezer about an hour before serving and break up into slush. Pour into punch bowl and add soda. Yields 18 (4-ounce) servings. (I think a 4-ounce serving is pretty wimpy, so I usually make more.)

Very Cherry Slush Punch

2 1/4 c. water
1/3 c. sugar
1 large lemon
1 (12-oz.) can frozen apple-cherry or cherry drink concentrate
2 cans ginger ale

~In a small saucepan, bring water and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Juice lemon(s) to measure 3 Tablespoons. Stir lemon juice and concentrate into sugar syrup. Pour in a shallow pan. Freeze. Remove from freezer about an hour before serving and break up into slush. Pour into punch bowl or serving glasses, and add ginger ale soda. Yields 16 (4-ounce) servings. (Again, these servings are wimpy, so I make more. I even like to add a fresh cherry or two to the drink. Fun!)

Eggnog Punch (Serious Yuletide Joy)

1 qt. eggnog (the best kind to use is the country eggnog; I can't remember the name)
2 c. premade orange juice
1 c. half & half (or cream works too -- you decide :)
1/2 t. nutmeg or more to taste
1 qt. 7-up
1/4 gal. vanilla ice cream, scooped (sometimes I let the rest of the ice cream melt, and I stir it in as well. I know - really low fat huh!)

~Combine eggnog, orange juice, half & half, nutmeg, mix well. Add scooped ice cream. Place in a large punch bowl and pour 7-up over eggnog mixture. (So this recipe is tricky. I usually have to taste it and see what it needs. Experiment!)

Thanks,

Krista

No comments: