Thursday, July 12, 2007

Teriyaki Salmon Burgers

Sorry that these recipes are the current category but we are moving a lot right now and this was the best way to not loose them and we liked them SO much I wanted to share. They are both fairly easy to prepare and worth every minute!

1/4 c. unsweetened pineapple juice
2 T. brown sugar
2 T. reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t garlic pepper blend (didn't have any so I added some garlic and pepper...seemed to work well)
1 salmon fillet (1 pound), skin removed and cubed
1/2 c. soft bread crumbs

In a large resealable bag, combine the first five ingredients; add salmon. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Drain and marinade and set aside (you are supposed to discard it but I used it to make the meat the right consistancy and then I discarded it) Place salmon in a food processor or mixer. Add bread crumbs (I never keep bread crumbs around so I just use the processor and crumb fresh bread when I need it. That way I can use whole wheat or whatever kind I prefer) and process until blended ( this is where I use the juices if it is dry or add a bit extra crumbs if to wet, you want it to form a patty and not fall apart); cover and refrigerate for one hour (I forgot to do this and it still turned out great!) Coat a grill rack with nonstick cooking spray or you can fry it on a griddle. Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-7 minutes. Turn and grill 3-5 minutes longer or until thermometer reads 140 degrees.

Serve with mayo, tartar sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion or anything else you like on a bun! Really great summer dish, Isaac LOVED and turned out eating just the salmon burger without the bun!

Enjoy,
Kim C.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it should be "too" (too wet or too dry), not "to."