Thursday, July 12, 2007

Crockpot Oatmeal

So this is also late but we were moving when we packing when we were doing the crockpot recipes. It is nothing great just something that saves me in the morning. My twins LOVE their oatmeal and walk around the house REALLY grumpy until we spoon it into their mouths. I discovered that I can cook it overnight on low and have it done in the morning ready to serve. You can adjust the recipe to suit you tastes or preferences. Here is the basic recipe:

2 1/8 - 2 1/4 c. water
1 c. old fashioned oats (I don't use the quick so if you do you might want to try it out see how it works)
1/4- 1/2 t. salt, opt.

put it in the crockpot on low before you head to bed and it will be done when you wake up in the morning.

This one is a great but I don't use it all the that often, a fun treat though!
Crockpot Apple Oatmeal

2 cups milk
1/4 cup brown sugar (it has been a few months since I made this but I think if I remember right I cut the sugar down to 1/8 cup)
1 Tbsp. melted butter (I think I also cut this down to 1-1 1/2 t.)
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup regular oats
1 cup peeled, chopped apple
1/2 cup chopped dates or raisins
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

lightly spray the crockpot with cooking grease. Mix everything but the oats and stir. Add the oats last and cook on low overnight. It is a realy treat and people who don't really care for oatmeal enjoy this.

Kim C.

No comments: