Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Pumpkin Bars

This really is straight out of Better homes and Gardens. I make it with whole wheat pastry flour so I don't feel guilty if the kids have seconds (or thirds, or...)

Combine: 2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves

Stir in: 4 beaten eggs
1 16-oz can pumpkin
1 cup oil

Spread in 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan. Bake 20-25 minutes at 350.

Awesome with cream cheese frosting - it definitely frosts best when it's cool!

Beat: 6 ounces cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
2 teapoons vanilla

Add and beat: about 4 1/2 cups powdered sugar

2 comments:

twoplustwins said...

yum, yum! I love anything to do with pumpkins and especially sweet treats. Thanks for sharing, I can't wait to give it a try.
Kim C.

cat said...

Kim, my sister amy posted this recipe. She brings it to almost all of our family gatherings by demand. They are the best pumpkin bars that I have tasted, and pumpkin is the new superfood!:)