Thursday, August 16, 2007

Island Rice

Absolute Deliciousness is the best way I can describe this. Being rice, it is not a grilled dish, but it goes excellent with the Jerk-chicken, or really anything, it stands on it's own as an great side dish. It is lightly sweet and perfectly limey, need I say more?

2 1/2 c water
1 c uncooked long-grain rice
1/2 c chopped dried pineapple
2 tsp butter
1/2 tsp grated lime rind
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
2 1/2 Tbsp fresh lime juice

Bring water to a boil in a med. saucepan; add rice and next 4 ingredients. cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; stir in cilantro and juice. (yield 6 servings)

4 comments:

abbey said...

This rice is DELISH! It was kind of embarassing picking the dedges at the bottom of the bowl, but I couldn't help myself.

cat said...

probably one of my favorite things of all time. jess, thanks for posting!

Julia said...

Okay, I made this tonight and everyone LOVED it. So good. Thanks for being the recipe ninja.
Julia

jn said...

Sooo good! I love it! How can you go wrong with lime and pineapple?