Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Crunchy Quesadillas

This is ridiculously easy, but it is my kids new favorite so please don't laugh.

Flour or corn tortillas (fajita size)
Refried Beans
Shredded Cheese
Tostada shells

Start with a soft tortilla, spread beans, sprinkle cheese, and put the tostada on top. I don't flip them, they melt fine without. Cut with a pizza cutter and serve with your favorite dipping sauce (Ranch, Ketchup, BBQ, Salsa, Guac, etc.)

I love that they are getting the beans, it makes me feel better about feeding them quesadillas every other day. A fun new twist on a classic favorite.

I also buy as much fresh fruit on sale as I can, if they don't eat it before it gets too ripe, I freeze what is leftover and make smoothies. That's all I got. Hopefully somebody more creative than me will pull through!

1 comment:

cat said...

i never thought about mixing the hard and soft shells - i think my kids will really dig it!