Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Crispy Potato Quiche

Okay, YES, I have too much time on my hands. But I love sharing tried-and-true recipes, so here is yet another post from me (and it is SO GOOD):

30 oz. bag frozen shredded potatoes (thawed)
1/2 C. (or less) melted butter
1 C. shredded pepper jack cheese
2 C. shredded Swiss cheese
2 C. diced cooked ham
1 C. Half & Half
4 eggs
1/2 tsp. seasoning salt

Press thawed potatoes into a greased 9x13 pan. Pour melted butter over and bake at 425 for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and put cheese and ham on top. Pour beaten eggs, cream and seasoning salt over the top (do not mix in) and bake for 30 to 40 minutes at 350.

Sometimes I cook the potato and butter part the night before and refrigerate it, and then add the cheese, ham, eggs, etc. on in the morning. I can't quite remember, but it might need to cook a little longer if you do that, since it's coming from a refrigerated state.

Julia

1 comment:

Kailey said...

This looks so easy... I can't wait to try it!!