Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Tequila Lime Chicken (without the tequila) Marinade

This is from the Barefoot Contessa "Family Style" cookbook, and it is SO DELICIOUS. There's supposed to be 1/2 C. tequila in it, but I don't include that and just add a little more liquid somewhere else, usually more orange juice, or some vinegar. This is heavenly, citrusy, and is so good on a kabob with peppers and onions.

1 C. lime juice (5 to 6 limes)
1/2 C. orange juice (2 oranges) add more OJ or some vinegar to make up for the absent tequila
1 T. chili powder
1 T. minced jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded)
1 T. minced garlic (3 cloves)
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground black pepper

Combine ingredients, add chicken, and refrigerate overnight.

Julia (sorry, Julie Nye--I'm a dork and can't figure out how to log in with my own name)

2 comments:

jn said...

It looks like you're not the only one whose recipes I'm getting credit for! Did I do something retarded to make everyone signed in under me?

Jessica Jo said...

We tried this the other night, and it was a hit! My brother and husband loved it, thanks for the recipe!